What tool out of everything you have do you regard as your best investment.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I dont know if this qualifies as my best investment.
This is more about how technollogy has changed my life over the years.
My first cordless drill was a dewalt 9 volt.
I dont remember what I paid for it but at that time it was a whole lotta money for us and our two kids.
It was an investmant because I could go to work on job sites that didnt have power supplied.
Me and my 16 friggen batteries could go to work and be on the job for a week before they had power.
All I had to do was wake up every hour and swap the batteries out of the charger every night.
Then they came out with the twelve volt
I still have three of them and they still work.
And then...
The 18 volt.
I still use my 18 volt antique dewalts I have about 20 batteries and the impacts and drills and screwguns and they all work
The somewhat ignored part about the incredible improvement in cordless tools is that the average dope doesnt have to run his compressor every morning.
He doesnt have to have an air compressor.
The other big change is obviously the smart phone.
The ability to be laying under the car while googling torque values and getting recipes for turnips or trips to the Tortugas is awesome.
Get a notebook and document all of your part numbers kids.
And your bank accounts and your contacts and secure the deed and title to your property and freeze your credit.
People are all freaked out that robots are going to kill them.
Its not ******* robots or ancient ******* aliens
Its us all being mind ****** my people who wouldnt let you in their house .
I am a well known and documented ass.
But when AI takes over inventory and logistics and the very feeble aerospace quality control?
When the people you have elected to be in charge turn out to be ********* how do you get rid of those *********?
You cant.
I am old enough to understand that I can not "unfuck" somebody and I was a real ******* to think that I was somehow qulified to try it.
I figured that out on my own.
So what happens if you are married to someone who is living on the very edge of staying alive and they go online looking for some solid basis to stay alive and google AI tells them to stick their head in the oven?
What the **** happens if some girl who just had a baby and is all on her own with ******* nobody to help her asks google if she can feed her infant baby chunky peanut butter because thats the only thing she has and google AI tells her that she can.
How long do you think it will take for AI to focus and scrape every sarcastic trolling bullshit joke and find a pattern but not understand that joke or that sarcasm and trigger a warning.
Theyre just gonna shoot me for scarcasm
Them boys will peel Shurckey apart looking for the source

Boots97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There are a few tools I can think of...

1. Milwaukee M18 impact driver and mid torque impact wrench. Both are a bit bulky, but has saved me SOOO much time compared to using hand tools

2. Snap-On Impact sockets. Fit tightly around every fastener and they some off easier (I don't know how) compared to using other impact sockets

3. Snap-On line wrenches. These wrenches have very little play and make doing brake line work a lot easier.

4. Lock and Lube grease coupler. Before using Lock and Lube, I HATED greasing anything. It was messy, the stock grease gun coupler never fit tightly and was a PITA to remove. Now with the Lock and Lube coupler, greasing is 1000x easier and a lot more enjoyable.

5. Yellow Jacket 60440 Heavy Duty Swage/Flare kit. I found this kit at Pawn America for $40. It's originally meant for HVAC, but I use it for brake lines and it's a lot easier to use than the rental flare tools from auto parts stores.