How did you do your Add a leafs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lkfldredneck

HILLBILLY DELUXE!!!
Reaction score
as most know, ive got my AAL's kickin around. i have yet to install them as i still need to do a parts run for some C-clamps and a 21 MM Deep socket for 1/2 drive. I was thinking of doing them still bolted to the frame instead of taking them completely off, but what would be easier? takin em off or leavin them on?

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
what do the instructions say? I bet they say take them off, I would go that route.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Yea, it does but they always say the safest way. and do you think im safe? :rofl:

I think you're reckless lol! :D I would still take them off. I would think it'd be easier because it'd give you more room to work.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
Removal is easy, while its on the truck, use 2 C-clamps on the last 2 leafs, using them on the big one on the bottom isnt nesissary. then unbolt it from the truck and lay it on the ground and slowly unscrew the clamps until the are sprung out. Put your AAL wherever it states to put it, in my case, it was under the 2nd leaf.

I was so lost when i did mine but it turned out to be easy in the end. first you want to cut the small like C cups/clamps that hold the top leafs together because you cant do this properly with them on there. and i put my AAL in the 3rd spot below the 2nd longest leaf, and put the c-clamps back on and screwed them down tight and put the eye bolt back in the middle and put them back on the truck. Hunter posted a pic on my recent thread about the AAL's of little clamps you can buy at autozone to replace the C-clamps you cut off. I kinda had to teach myself as i went along but it was a breeze the second time. PM me if you need more help.

You must be registered for see images attach

PS!!!!******when you put the c-clamps on when you are taking it off the truck, space them out torwards the end of the leafs, not in the middle like shown above.

lkfldredneck

HILLBILLY DELUXE!!!
Reaction score
Thanks man, that helped a lot. With mine, it says to put it above the bottom leaf. im not sure if i have to take the c cup things or whatever off to do it, but ill check. i dont think theyre long enough to even hit them since theyre only 2" aals

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
I left mine in the truck. But you have to fight it... I just didn't want to take my receiver hitch off the get the shackle bolt out.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I left mine in the truck. But you have to fight it... I just didn't want to take my receiver hitch off the get the shackle bolt out.

Not to mention that the op's bolts are most likely seized into the factory bushings, needing cut off and new bushings. It's will be easier job with the springs on the truck.

lkfldredneck

HILLBILLY DELUXE!!!
Reaction score
Not to mention that the op's bolts are most likely seized into the factory bushings, needing cut off and new bushings. It's will be easier job with the springs on the truck.

Yea, forgot about the new bushings part. ill probably just do it still on the truck. might take a while longer but its better than having to put new bushings in