Hood customizing, opinions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
I have an ideer, i was looking at the front of the 2012 camero, and i love the little "slit" they put in front of the car to make it like a ram hair. I have a cowl hood and im thinking into cutting a "slit" in to it, and tubbing the inside to direct the air to the air cleaner...

You must be registered for see images attach

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think it'd look awesome Eric! However id think twice about making it functional, unless you plan on never driving in the rain!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
There's a '69 AMX around here with a built 390, 4 gear, disc brakes all around. He hs a cowl induction hood, with these scoops modded into it. It looks pretty good.

You must be registered for see images

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
You can use baffles to stop the rain from entering the filter element, Just be sure to include a drain/drip hole. This is a neat mod that i've thought alot about. It would be perfect for a TBI.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
AL, you should try and snap a picture of if you ever see that car around again! it would nice to have some examples to base myself off.

Hezsus, i would have love to let you guys know how it reacts wit ha TBI, but i ditched it and running carb now ...