Homemade utility/scrap trailer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I towed this 69 barracuda cadaver I bought for sheetmetal for my sons car back from Lubbock and used my friends low deck utility trailer he made. He used a FWD dodge stratus rear axle that he cut and widened, gutted the drum brakes, added leaf springs and fenders from tractor supply, the rest is all made from square tubing with a diamond plate deck. The hitch part on the trailer is a slide in, pin in, like a reciever hitch but waaay longer so you can remove the hitch end when storing the trailer so it makes it harder for people to steal. Originally he built it for hauling his Harley Davidson FLHT full dresser, but uses it for everything.This towed like a dream. Dont overlook those FWD car and minivan rear beam axles especially 1st gen dodge caravan from the 1980s. Their rear axles were round tube drop center with leaf springs even though they were FWD. Reuse the leaf springs, cut and widen the tube, instant trailer axle.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have built 4 or 5 pickup box trailers, my wife is embarrassed by them.
I have a couple with toppers, they are great for getting stuff at menards that I can leave in the
trailer and not have to remove from my truck right away. I had insulation batts in a 400 trailer all summer
and just moved it uo to the house today to put the insulation ion the attic.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a local welding shop that fabbed some bars that fold down over the doors with another lock. So someone would have to bust the door locks and another security lock. I'll swing by their shop an if its out ill take a pic.