Home made roll bar ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SouthBoston

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well guys I love the look of a roll bar on an obs so I think I'll make my own. Anyone done their own and if so could you post up ideas and pictures. Also if anyone has pictures of an single cab regular bed they would be appreciated.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
pvc plumbing pipe, saw one with chain once, also exhaust shop, let them bend and weld you one up then do some flat plates.

honestly I'd look around I found one online but fairly local from an older truck for $20 and used it in mine, it may be a tad too tall but it works.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
last roll bar I had was on an old ford I used to have.... was driving down the road one day sw it beside a house, went and knocked on the door. I asked the guy about it and he said if you'll get it outta my yard its yours lol

Sent from my static android

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Please tell me we are talking about a light bar or show bar? If you are really looking for a roll bar (something that protects you in the event of a roll over) it needs to be made properly not out of random pipe cobbled together.

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Please tell me we are talking about a light bar or show bar? If you are really looking for a roll bar (something that protects you in the event of a roll over) it needs to be made properly not out of random pipe cobbled together.

^This^

If you looking for something to hold some lights and look the job, 2" sch 40 pipe will give a nice look and won't break the bank. To make the large radius bends so everything looks proportional, I've heat up the pipe with a torch to get it cherry red hot then used a 55 gallon drum as a mandrel to make a nice curve.

If you're looking for something functional and structural (exo cage), at a minimum, I would suggest .120 wall HREW tubing. me personally, anything that is gonna save my skin or take a hit, I go with .120 wall DOM at a minimum. it's pricey but it is strong.