HIDS not cooperating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevyBoat

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quick question....there was a positive and negative cable that went on to the battery from the relay. The negative battery terminal bolt was too short to put the negative cable on....so I bolted it down where a couple grounds were bolted. Could that be my problem?

Last edited:

90W7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No. If they were grounds then they will suffice.

Your relay harness had a fuse right? Is it still good?

90W7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your using one of your factory headlight plugs to control the relay harness. So whichever side should be plugged into the harness and then the relays will send power to the ballasts.

ChevyBoat

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's like my truck can't get enough power to start since I put the connections on the terminals. Like it starts fine until I put those connections on the bolts. And it seems like my lights aren't getting power the one time I got them to start.

ChevyBoat

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it matters, I had to drill out my battery connectors too since they wouldn't fit around the terminal.

90W7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it matters, I had to drill out my battery connectors too since they wouldn't fit around the terminal.
You should put up some pics of your battery terminals and the setup if you can.

The vehicle should starts and run/function fine with the relay harness connected. It's gotta be your battery connections. Any poor contact and you will have no connection or a volt drop.

Hook up your battery without the harness connected to the battery.

Now the vehicle should be Normal.. Now turn on your headlight switch and go hold the pos and negative connections from your relay kit to the pos and neg of the battery with your fingers.

Your hids should work.

And to be clear, one of your factory headlight connectors is plugged into the relay harness right?

ChevyBoat

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Had to drill out my connector a little to fit it on the bolt for the battery terminal

ChevyBoat

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took it off and it started fine....held the positive connector against the terminal and it didn't do crap.

90W7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Damn. You don't have a test light or multimeter do you?

Could your factory headlight plug to relay harness be upside down?

(engine off) When you turn your headlights on, the relay(s) on the hid harness should make a audible click sound.. Is it even doing that?