Hi :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Honestly, if it's not doing it all the time, I'm still thinking it's the throttle body gasket. Mine was doing the exact same thing, lower RPM then stall. Does it idle smooth, or does it shake a little?

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion :) And the idle is very shaky when the problem is happening while in drive, so would the TB gasket ONLY have an issue then and not while in neutral/park?

Last edited:

Toms94z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have heard of trucks having bad idle and stalling issues from play in the throttle shaft in the tb, but I have 250k on my tb and mine is still nice and tight so I doubt that is your problem but always a possibility.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
Hm. If the issue is only in drive, not in park or neutral, check your brake booster/vacuum line. Or just set the parking brake, don't press the brake pedal and then put it in gear. If that makes it go away then chances are your brake booster has a vacuum leak somewhere.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion :) And the idle is very shaky when the problem is happening while in drive, so would the TB gasket ONLY have an issue then and not while in neutral/park?

Yup, I'm pretty sure mine only did it in park. It used to shake a lot. It was so bad, that after I changed the gasket, it smoothed it out so much, I kept thinking it had stalled again. I would get the gasket if I were you. It's cheap and easy to replace, you don't need any gasket sealer with it, just put the gasket on dry. It takes maybe 20 minutes to replace.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
How is the truck coming? Get it figured out yet?

Reaction score
Haven't had time to fiddle with it. But I do have a question for Brian. How did you diagnose that it was the TB gasket so I don't piss away $? lol