Hi from New Zealand

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1BigCarrot

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi everybody

Great forum and I have enjoyed reading the input from people about our trucks :cheers:

I have recently purchased a 1996 K1500 Burb' with 87k miles and a rancho lift kit installed. It was imported here from Japan end of last year. According to the paperwork it left the US about 2001.

I'm trying to comply it at the moment (red-tape gubbermint policy bs = plates, tax and less $ in my wallet :buttkick: ) and they have a huge issue with the lift as it incorporates a modified centre link. They simply do not allow a modified steering setup, so I have to remove the entire lift kit to have the vehicle pass compliance - sucks but that is life sometimes.

There are not many of these vehicles here in NZ, so I am having trouble finding a front diff mount bracket GM part#15592508 - The part was removed when the lift kit was installed and I need it to return it to stock. The part is not available any more from GM and none of our wrecker yards (junkyards or pick n pull yards) have any donor vehicles.

Could someone please recommend a junkyard or similar (google isnt that friendly, nothing on ebay/amazon) that I could email to try and find this almost unobtainium part - unless someone has one in their garage and is willing to part with it for $.

I'll take some pics when the weather breaks here (middle of winter atm) and will start a build thread as well in the near future.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum! Look forward on seeing those pics!

my name is alex

suckin' gas
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Can't help you with the part, but I'm sure someone here will have some insight on it, especially if the part is the same for 'burbs and trucks.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome from the USA! I look forward to seeing the pictures.

I recall seeing some photos of a Suburban in Japan many years ago, don't remember what website. It was absolutely hilarious to see it parked on the street among all the other tiny vehicles. It looked extra gigantic by comparison.