Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Campoli

Reaction score
I replaced my trans about 11/2 yrs ago w a new one from jasper it shifts rough already and is hesitant I only have maybe 5k on it since swapped I'm wondering if I need to tighten my cables or linkage since I replaced them as well and I'm also interested in finding out if there are ways to beef it up some since u do tow w it and take her off road and starting October I will be using her daily again it's a 97 Z-71 350 vortec w th 4L60E auto trans

rhino

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
get it somewhere and check the codes. That will tell whats going on. Have you called Jasper?

Campoli

Reaction score
Yea I called I'm passes warranty I'm tryin to not bring to a shop cause they are outrageous I do all my own work I guess I'll see what they charge just for a diagnostic

Blind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
there's nothing to tighten up externally. You could install a transgo shift kit which fixes a lot of the weak spots in the 4l60, and a corvette servo to speed up shift delay between gears.

If it's hesitant to shift the first thing I would do is get the truck up to temp by running some errands and then park it at home with it running and check the trans fluid level, if it's low on fluid it will shift funny.

Campoli

Reaction score
Fluids fine I drove it all over took it through the woods parked it on level ground all good levels fine still red smells and taste fine ill replace the TPS and do other sh¡t I just read in the sticky thread see what happens

Campoli

Reaction score
Change the TPS today still the same anything else I should replace to eliminate possibilities

Dszx13

ragged out Z71
Reaction score
Take it to a local parts store. Oriellys autozone and advance auto read codes for free. Atleast they do here. I've went up there a few time for my gf's toyota

Campoli

Reaction score
Trucks not inspected so I just drive it down back roads and the pipeline right now and I can't find my scanner either