Help with relocation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

[email protected]

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi I want to relocate the air conditioner to the passenger side . Low How can I do this ?
Thanks in Advance
Skip

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi I want to relocate the air conditioner to the passenger side . Low How can I do this ?
Thanks in Advance
Skip

Vehicle?
Present compressor?
Any other relevant information?

Just a guess: You've got a 1996 or later 5.7L/SBC vehicle w/o rear air, using an OE-style HT6 compressor mounted on the engine top, driver's side.

An LS conversion w/OE brackets would put the compressor on the passenger's side, down low. Don't quote me, but a frame notch might be required to accommodate the compressor in that location (or am I thinking of the LS-into-S10 conversion?).

1995 and earlier brackets would allow a swap of the alt and compressor side-for-side, but they might not be "direct fit" on a 1996+ SBC engine. Even so, custom brackets are required to mount anything other than an R4-style compressor.

3rd-party brackets may exist... may.

Just curious: What are you trying to achieve? Yeah, I know "relocate the air conditioner to the passenger side" but for what objective?

:popcorn:

Last edited:

[email protected]

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 1997 Tahoe with stock Compressor also dislike the way it looks on top of engine and need the room . Thanks for the help