Help with ignition Timing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read that post and understand it.
I was just answering your question on post #20

"The revved to see any change in upper rpms. It did jump up probly 10 or so degrees at like 2500 rpms by itself. Thats the part i couldnt explain being that the brown wire was disconnected."

Lscobra

Reaction score
I was just answering your question on post #20

"The revved to see any change in upper rpms. It did jump up probly 10 or so degrees at like 2500 rpms by itself. Thats the part i couldnt explain being that the brown wire was disconnected."
I went ahead and replaced the distributor, spark plugs, and fuel filter. Problem seemed to go away after the fuel filter was changed. Went and drove it this morning and its back to running like crap again. One thing I noticed was that yesterday was warm. 72 degrees. Today was mid 30’s. I got the idea to change the coolant temp sensor since it controls so many other things. It idles a little smoother now but still hesitates really bad. I plan to move on to the fuel system next.

Rustjunky67

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I went ahead and replaced the distributor, spark plugs, and fuel filter. Problem seemed to go away after the fuel filter was changed. Went and drove it this morning and its back to running like crap again. One thing I noticed was that yesterday was warm. 72 degrees. Today was mid 30’s. I got the idea to change the coolant temp sensor since it controls so many other things. It idles a little smoother now but still hesitates really bad. I plan to move on to the fuel system next.
So did you ever resolve the issue? I was having the same issue....