Help with CC cable change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

azhobo

Reaction score
During an engine install, my cruise cable end was cut off. I had a new cable for it, but it turned out to be too long. IF I can find the correct cable anymore, have any of y'all ever changed out one of these cables?
The length varies by not only engine size, but also transmission linkage.
My 99, old body style, extended cab, 454, NV 4500 appears to use a shorter cable than the 350 auto's do.
Tks for any help and regards to all. Happy New Year.
Bob

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's a largely untouched part as far as the monkeys are concerned. Brittle, well, YMMV.
True but unfortunately the closest pick and pull to me 95% of the vehicles in the yard have the hoods removed or open so the sun gets to bake everything there. And ive watched some of the monkeys destroy the front of the vehicle taking something off the rear. But Im sure there are yards that are better and some that are worse.

studigggs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just went through this on my '90. The cable by itself was unobtanium, so I just bought a used module with cable attached off ebay for $60.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last week my cable (which was unattached) came loose and flopped onto the header. Yesterday I bought an entire cable and actuator at LKQ. I doesn't look like the cable is readily replaceable without changing the entire unit.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Last week my cable (which was unattached) came loose and flopped onto the header. Yesterday I bought an entire cable and actuator at LKQ. I doesn't look like the cable is readily replaceable without changing the entire unit.

It is. You squeeze the little ears that hold it into the cruise and unhook the ribbon inside from the cable.