Help me save my sanity.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bustedknuckles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have been researching for months on Choices for a drop and wheels and tires for my 98 reg cab short bed. I am thinking a 3/5 drop. And my wheel choice is 15" x 8" corvette style rally wheels. I have fallen in love with the old school look. I am terribly confused with the wheel and tire size choices. Im thinking 15x8 with 4 3/4 backspacing all around. Is this correct to make sure all is tucked? And what tire size? I have searched and found what i thought i needed only to go back and cant find it. I wish i could go straight to the source and ask someone but cant seem to find a similar set up. Anyone have an opinion as to a company that offers a complete lowering kit. Im also confused about one companies spindles that set out further. Wouldnt that throw off my whhel selection? I know this has been asked before and i really have tried to search all the posts but am still left confused. Pictures are of what im looking to do. I would appriciate any help. Thanks
You must be registered for see images attach

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
From the looks of the pic, your truck looks like the rear has already been lowered with possibly 2 inch shackles ... which is one of the easiest ways to level one of these trucks ... if this is the case, add Some rear hangers and 2 inch drop spindles and you should have the look you’re going for ...

bustedknuckles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
From the looks of the pic, your truck looks like the rear has already been lowered with possibly 2 inch shackles ... which is one of the easiest ways to level one of these trucks ... if this is the case, add Some rear hangers and 2 inch drop spindles and you should have the look you’re going for ...
I did put rear shackles on several years ago but never thought it really helped. I wonder if front hangers would give me enough of a drop. Would i still need to do a notch if i did the front hangers?