Help Installing ONstar, Emergency, Temp/Compass Mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

onetongwa

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Everybody, I need help hooking up this 9 wire, 16 pin rearview mirror harness.....

Wires are........1 pink, 1 black, 1 yellow/black stripe, 2 green/white stripe, 1 brown/white stripe, 1 lime green, 1 black/ white stripe

So far I narrowed down 2 wires.. included temp sensor with matching, Green/white stripe and Black/white stripe. I got 7 left

pics included..
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Last edited:

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
unless you are installing onstar you only need the temp sensor wires and then the pink should be ignition hot and the black ground
i think lime green should be the wire to the reverse lights to cancel the auto dim

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The first pin is almost always the power, and is generally pink on these mirrors. I would try the following configuration:

Pink (Pin #1): Switched 12V+ Power
Black: Ground
Lime Green : Reverse Light wire

Black/white: Temp Sender
Green/White: Temp Sender

onetongwa

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool!!! Thanks... the Pink was indeed power, and the Black was for ground, and the temp sensor was easy bcuz, I retained the same vehicles temp sensor wire which was, Black/white stripe and Green/white stripe. I also tapped lime wire into reverse circuit and all is Good!!!

Thanks for comments!! ( For others reference Mirror came from 01/02 type Silverado )