HELP!! Clutch engagement issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smitty1021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've had good luck bleeding brakes with my Mitey Vac, so I'm hoping it works out well for you.

I picked up a Mitey vac. After about ten minutes I got frustrated with it and decided to scrap the whole bleeding idea and grab a complete new setup. It's working great now

Smitty1021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What transmission was replaced with the NV4500? I swapped an NV4500 in place of an SM465 and retained the SM465 master and slave. I had the same issue, after driving for a while I couldn't get the clutch to fully disengage and it became hard to shift without gears grinding. I put in the correct master and slave for an NV4500 and the issue has gone away. I didn't do a side by side comparison of the slave cylinders or push rods, but I did research and found a difference in bore sizes of master and slave cylinders and I bet the push rods are different lengths also.

I had a 4l60e so that issue wouldn't apply to me. Swapped in a whole new system. Works good now. Does brake fluid thin out when it gets heated up? I'm wondering if this is the case since I have headers and since it only happened when the truck got warm.

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Glad to hear it's better. I bought the sealed kit too and it's awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk