Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cristianfrm6

Reaction score
I have a 1993 c1500 with a LS1 going in and I came across a cheap 6l80e and got it what do I need for them to pair up and run other then the Holley trans controller the trans didn’t come with a bell housing and I’m not sure which would pair the 2 up and what yoke to use for the drive shaft help ASAP

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 1993 c1500 with a LS1 going in and I came across a cheap 6l80e and got it what do I need for them to pair up and run other then the Holley trans controller the trans didn’t come with a bell housing and I’m not sure which would pair the 2 up and what yoke to use for the drive shaft help ASAP
You need a bell housing/pump body as half of the pump is the backside of the bell housing on those transmissions. You would also need a complete pump kit and alignment tool to correctly install.

Output shaft is 32 splines so any 32-spline yoke would work.

How cheap was this 6L80 and can you post a pic?

Cristianfrm6

Reaction score
You need a bell housing/pump body as half of the pump is the backside of the bell housing on those transmissions. You would also need a complete pump kit and alignment tool to correctly install.

Output shaft is 32 splines so any 32-spline yoke would work.

How cheap was this 6L80 and can you post a pic?
I got it for 1,200 out a 2013 corvette with 13k miles the car was wrecked and parted out he gave me a car fax with matching vins so I bought it he didn’t mention not selling the bell housing till I got there but price was still good I posted a picture of a bell housing do you think this will work and bolt up to the LS-1 (thanks for time and help )

Attachments

• IMG_7509.png
    IMG_7509.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_7524.png
    IMG_7524.png
    495.2 KB · Views: 16

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got it for 1,200 out a 2013 corvette with 13k miles the car was wrecked and parted out he gave me a car fax with matching vins so I bought it he didn’t mention not selling the bell housing till I got there but price was still good I posted a picture of a bell housing do you think this will work and bolt up to the LS-1 (thanks for time and help )
What is the picture on the left? Is that what you purchased? If no, post pictures of the front, side and rear of exactly what you purchased, showing it out of the vehicle and in your possession - don't make it harder for me and others trying to help you.

If you purchased a 2013 Vette 6L80 transmission, it won't likely work for what you're trying to do as those 6L80s have a diff design to make them compatible with the torque tube set up in the Vettes which makes them completely non-interchangable with 6L80s that went into truck chassis or retro into a Gen3 small block that otherwise does not use a torque tube/rear transmission mounted set up. Additionally the output shafts are completely different and not interchangeable w/those in a typical truck/suv application so you'd need to tear the trans apart and pull swap the output shaft/rear ring gear assembly, assuming that was the only design-related impediment standing in front of you.

Here's a pic of a 6L80 out of a 2013 Corvette - does yours look like this?
You must be registered for see images attach

ETA - comparison between Vette and non-Vette 6L80s

Last edited:

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, if it's really from a vette you should ask for a refund.

Cristianfrm6

Reaction score
What is the picture on the left? Is that what you purchased? If no, post pictures of the front, side and rear of exactly what you purchased, showing it out of the vehicle and in your possession - don't make it harder for me and others trying to help you.

If you purchased a 2013 Vette 6L80 transmission, it won't likely work for what you're trying to do as those 6L80s have a diff design to make them compatible with the torque tube set up in the Vettes which makes them completely non-interchangable with 6L80s that went into truck chassis or retro into a Gen3 small block that otherwise does not use a torque tube/rear transmission mounted set up. Additionally the output shafts are completely different and not interchangeable w/those in a typical truck/suv application so you'd need to tear the trans apart and pull swap the output shaft/rear ring gear assembly, assuming that was the only design-related impediment standing in front of you.

Here's a pic of a 6L80 out of a 2013 Corvette - does yours look like this?

ETA - comparison between Vette and non-Vette 6L80s
It is the corvette one that’s how it looks on the stock image without the bell housing I guess now I have to sell it to buy a truck one should’ve done research before i got excited about the deal

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could buy a C6 drivetrain minus the engine and transmission and do this

Wouldn't be the easiest thing, but it's pretty cool.