95-99 Holley terminator X max integration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aussiecrewcab

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have read through everything previously posted regarding Terminator X max installs, but nothing comprehensive.

Basically I have a 99’ C3500 that was once a 6.5td. That motor blew so I binned it, bought a stroker crate 454 and purchased a Holley terminator X max stealth kit to run the motor and 4L80e.
I only went this route as it’s impossible to find a factory Vortech 7.4 here in Australia.

I have swapped the dash harness to a harness from a Vortech truck and also have a stock engine harness I imported from a 7.4 Vortech.

Has anyone here done a similar swap that has a comprehensive break down on what can be stripped from the factory engine harness, and what has to stay to maintain the use of stock cluster.

Where did you mount your ecu ? And if into the cabin, where did you run the firewall pass through ?

If absolutely necessary I will buy the 12.3 Holley pro dash.

Further to this, what’s required to keep the cruise control working ?

Most appreciated all help
You must be registered for see images attach

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. We need to see more of that truck!

2. I've done some older ones an have a few friends that's done LSs an kept the factory gauges. From the older ones all the gauges are on their own circuits am don't need the ecm to function. I believe in 98 the fuel level went through the pcm but I don't think it affects the gauge if you go straight to it.

Cruise will require a vss input, might be able to grab it from the speedometer though. I'll ask my buddy who's done the LS stuff tomorrow I know he knows what all can be kept because alot of people were still doing the 2 pcm thing an he got it all to work with the LS one only.

Aussiecrewcab

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply’s so far. Really appreciate it. It’s certainly a lot harder building it out here as basically everything I need to ship from the States.

For those asking, the truck was built back in about 2007 in Florida. No idea who by. Was a factory 6.5td, CCLB, gold duco, 4L80e. Was painted black, and bagged using what seemed to be a KP components 6 link bag on bar rear, and home made extended front arms with 3/4 ton hubs etc.
It went through a LOT of owners stateside who all had a hand in totally butchering it. Then it got imported into Australia about 2017 / 18.

I bought it in 2020, blew the 6.5 on the first decent towing trip, and then made the call to strip it down and rebuild it to my standards.

Plan is stroked Blueprint 454 ( out to 496 ), Holley Terminator X max management, E-level, fully fresh chassis with Lowboy front and rear kit, 24” megahole Alcoa, custom paint and trim, and basically nut / bolt rebuild on every last component.

I really should do a build thread….. anyway, a few pics of when it was in its old guise, and during the build now attached

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
How much trouble was it, to graft in the body line at the rear corners of the cab? It looks good, and I think the "cut notch" should have been there from the beginning. Apparently the company that made the crew cab cabs for GM, had an issue and couldn't make that, which is odd considering all the single and extended cab trucks got it.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahuskwulf