Hello from Scotland

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi fellas,
Would really like a GMT400 standard cab truck as a weekend toy/runaround. Bearing in mind gas is equvalent of $10 a gallon do I go gas or diesel and are there any buying guides/tips to look out for when looking at a used truck.

Trucks like this are pretty thin on the ground over here and may eventually have to ship one in but that adds the taxman and another coupla thousand good Scottish pounds. Plenty of big, shiny, extended cab showmobiles but nothing for hauling firewood and leaving out in the rain.

Hope you guys can point me in the right direction now the kids have grown up a bit and I can get a big boys toy,

Cheers
Geordie

Welcome to GMT 400 and welcome from Missouri!

Sounds like a 1988- to 1992 with the 6.2L detroit diesel would be great for you! May be kind of hard to find but would net you around 20 MPG or more on the highway in US gallons and be easier to find in a RCLB.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Hey sewlow,
Our door's always open. I'm 23 miles from Glasgow and 12 from the birthplace of Burns. We call him Rabbie, not Robbie, folk might think you were English and we wouldn't want that eh?

Thanks. Very nice of you! Won't be for a while till I get back there. My parents are holding true to a bumper sticker Dad has on his beater work truck. "Live long enough to be a burden on your children!" I know that that sticker is funny to them, but I'm not going anywhere far while I can still enjoy their company. One day, though. Definately on the 'Bucket List'.
In Western Canada, being English ain't so bad. It's those darn French we secretly curse!

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I say my truck would look good over there for the right amount of MULA/MONEY.

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Welcome from Chicago!

Good luck finding a truck, I'm sure its much more difficult in Europe!

I prefer the same as you, regular cab without all the bells and whistles....what's the point of owning a truck if you're not going to use it as a truck? If I wanted something dropped to the ground I'd buy a sports car and if I wanted something jacked up for off roading I'd buy a jeep.... But I'm probably the only one that thinks that way here