hei upgrade worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I heard the only thing the tbi spacer does is store up a little air so when you mash on the gas hard it doesn't bog or hesitate for a second or so.

NEHoss24

Reaction score
swims think of a spacer as a way of making the fuel air mixture finer so its more of a mist than heavy flow from a hose. The mistier(more atomized) the combo of fuel to air the better the burn the less fuel wasted & more power is made. In a dry intake like mpfi this theory does not hold true.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea I know that, and it's what I had told ppl before, longer pathg to travel, better atomize and cooler maybe due to longer distance etc. but was argued that they do not, they basically store air and that's about it. At least what some guy had said from some automotive instruction school.

here's the thread if you guys wanna read or check it out...

http://www.gmsquarebody.com/forum/showthread.php?t=612&highlight=spacer

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Get under drive pulleys to me my Hypertech towing chip didn't do nothing compare to the pulleys. Now what I did because of this Texas heat and traffic here in H-town I put on a high volume water pump believe me it pumps much better and the reason I did that is the pump slows down at idle and in traffic I wanted more water flow.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you got me buddy, I'm stuck, I was thinking as all of you said they'd work, and do what all of you said, like a carb spacer, better fuel atomization. They kept saying it was not the case it only stored air to help with the throttle mash so it wouldn't bog.

I think they need to do some dyno tests if they haven't already stock and then with spacer.

That was just all the stuff they had said. I could understand it doing both, but that's the whole point of high rise intakes and such to better atomize the fuel mixture.