Heavier oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a high idle issue that I could not figure out for the life of me. It ended up being the throttle blade bushings were shot and the blades were dragging and hanging up just before the idle position. Sometimes you have to think outside the box. Egr could be the problem, I deleted mine with a block off plate I made from some scrap aluminum.

Smitty1021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea I won't ever sell my truck. Had it since I was 16 and plan on keeping it forever, given that time allows that. Anyway the motor has been something I've wanted to do for years and earlier this morning I was thinking of running out and buying an egr and then just said screw it, I'm tired of throwing parts at it. I feel like I'm beating a dead horse. No matter how many parts I throw, a 305 is still a 305. Anyway I appreciate all the help. Even if I didn't fix the problem I learned a lot which is what it's all about, at least to me.

Keepinitoldskool I've had very odd issues that were resolved when thinking outside the box. For example from what I thought was a bad distributor or ICM because the truck wouldn't even attempt to start. Replaced it all still no luck. That's actually when I tested the tps and realized the voltage was no good. Changed that and a fuel filter and boom, she was alive again. I've had a sticking throttle plate before. So bad that every time I engaged the clutch to shift, the rpms shot through the roof. Since then I have tried 2-3 throttle bodies. One which has been professionally cleaned. Anyway, the idle has never changed. It's an odd issue and to be honest, I'm over it haha. I'm gonna start selling parts and doing a lot of research.