Heater

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RynoHarris

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
does anyone know what could be possibly making my heater take 20 minutes to even get Luke warm, in 40 degree weather even. Its driving me insane, it use to get hot fast now it takes forever if at all to even get warm, and doesn't even get hot anymore. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my HTC One X

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Most likely one of 2 things, thermostat stuck open and your truck just takes forever to get warm. Or your heater core is clogged up.

Remove thermostat and look at it, you'll be able to tell if its stuck open. Might as well replace while its out.

Remove hoses coming from heater core and flush them with a garden hose (sucks if its cold out) you'll be able to tell if its clogged, should flow freely. Make sure heater is set to hot anytime you flush cooling system. If heater core is clogged it would be a good idea to flush entire system.

RynoHarris

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just had the entire system flushed in October or so.
You must be registered for see images
that's the hottest my truck got after running for a total of about 45 minutes, 15 minutes sitting with heater full blast, 30 minutes of driving with heater full blast. Heater barely got warm

Sent from my HTC One X

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
Sounds like your T-stat is stuck open. Good thing they're cheap

RynoHarris

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I know they are cheap and easy cause I've owned the truck 4 years and replaced the damn thing at least once a year. Sometimes twice. I don't quite understand why.

Sent from my HTC One X