Heat blows when ac is on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paytonz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just started having problems yesterday. Heat blows out vents when ac is on! Someone please help!

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Could be low on refrigerant which also means you have a leak in the AC system. Get some gauges and check the system to be sure.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Assuming your system is charged...

The temperature door actuator adjusts to divert air to or away from heater core based on where the dial is on the hvac panel. Your damper may be stuck due to a linkage problem, bad actuator or bad hvac unit. It's #3 in this diagram, kind of behind the ashtray if I remember right...

You must be registered for see images attach

Look up at it and there should be a small dial with a notch in it. See post #3 in this link for a picture of it.

http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthr...e-right-spot-Weird-thumping-sound-interior-AC

See if it turns in response to you turning the temperature dial on the panel.

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
I had the same exact problem and it was the AC control module and switch. $25 for both of them and about two minutes of splicing wires and it fixed the problem