health question/ awareness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Like many good things back in the day and even today, there are harmful ingredients in the products we own...my question is, because there were a lot of discrepancies in automotive guidlines for lead free or other harmful substances, do our trucks contain lead in the paint or in the light bulbs or other harmful things...we all work on our beauties and never really stop to think of the underlying health issues we could be facing. thought maybe could raise some awareness as well as learn something new

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I thought so! I tried googling it but I kept coming up with discrepancies... stupidly I've sanded my whole truck without a mask and got thinking about it when I took down my outside Xmas lights...I guess there's lead in them too so I thought if a common resto alternative to bono was leading...could my truck paint have some in it...not to mention working on vehicles is getting more and more popular and becoming even a family bonding time so why not try and protect and educate on something many overlook

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Even lead free paint you should ne wearing a mask when standing it. Good ventilation helps too.

Off of the top of my head these trucks have 5-0 mercury switches in them depending on the build date.

-Via Mobile-

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I've had customers tell me that they couldn't even sit in their vehicle, let alone drive it for up to a month after I've installed anything from carpets to a complete new interior due to the glue smell/fumes/vapors. Never really affected me (that I noticed) until the last few years. Now, if I don't wear a chemical mask, I get a headache that'll last for a couple of days. Paper particle masks don't cut it.