Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I've seen some of those switches for lights on the floors. Makes me think of speed racer but then the button on the floor was for the hood lol
Before everyone went to the style column they use now, that's where the dimmer switch was. Turn signals lever controls just the turn signals! Then when cruise control first became a thing, there was an add on switch to control it. Fit on the T S lever/stick. A 60s and 70s thing.....of course if you go back far enough, the only thing on the column was the gear shift for 3 on the tree....

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Before everyone went to the style column they use now, that's where the dimmer switch was. Turn signals lever controls just the turn signals! Then when cruise control first became a thing, there was an add on switch to control it. Fit on the T S lever/stick. A 60s and 70s thing.....of course if you go back far enough, the only thing on the column was the gear shift for 3 on the tree....

That's awesome. Nowdays there just button or knobs.... one thing I dont care for on the new suburban. I can deal with everything but the button shifters and the push start

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
That's awesome. Nowdays there just button or knobs.... one thing I dont care for on the new suburban. I can deal with everything but the button shifters and the push start
Yes me too. I have a buddy who has a 2002 sportside. He lives in Dickinson and takes his truck to Gay Buick GMC for service. Last year it was in for several days, and they gave him a Buick Encore for a loaner car. He hated it! The shifter was a knob, all the controls were way different than what he's used to!
I've seen several of the new Burbs and Tahoes and Yukons around. Part of our service territory is West U and Bellaire, that's where I mostly see new cars. Gotta live there to be able to get a $80K truck LOL!

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes me too. I have a buddy who has a 2002 sportside. He lives in Dickinson and takes his truck to Gay Buick GMC for service. Last year it was in for several days, and they gave him a Buick Encore for a loaner car. He hated it! The shifter was a knob, all the controls were way different than what he's used to!
I've seen several of the new Burbs and Tahoes and Yukons around. Part of our service territory is West U and Bellaire, that's where I mostly see new cars. Gotta live there to be able to get a $80K truck LOL!

Yes lot of my customers had suburbans, yukon xl, and Escalade esv. And there always black, white, or silver lol

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
Before everyone went to the style column they use now, that's where the dimmer switch was. Turn signals lever controls just the turn signals! ...of course if you go back far enough, the only thing on the column was the gear shift for 3 on the tree....

On some early to late '70s cars you had to push the turn signal stalk into the column to honk the horn. My '79 Fairmont had it, my '80 didn't.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
It's the whole turn signal stalk. About $100, give or take, from AutoZone/O'Reilly's/Advance
At least on a 93 you don't have to deal with the airbag. The early style column is a good bit easier to work on, you only need a couple of special tools that you may be able to rent from the parts store.