Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smitty1021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I was looking through old threads of installing hid's and am also looking to get new and better headlights. The common answer is to go with TYC elegantes. The threads a fairly old and I'm kind of having problems finding them. Does anybody know where to purchase them? I went on stylin trucks and I think I have found the correct ones but not entirely sure. Links or part numbers would be extremely helpful. Thanks.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Discontinued long ago. Any stock you find will be old, and will be difficult to find. Some websites will still list them but when you try to order you'll find they're not stocked. No harm in trying though; you may get lucky.

I just sold a set a month or so ago that I've owned for years.

Richard

Smitty1021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Damn really? That sucks. Stylin has the listing that says elegante but I haven't tried going through with buying them. Any suggestions on a similar housing that would work as well as the elegantes and still keep a stock look?

1999gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought these off ebay. I had a problem with 3 adjusters and they shipped me new headlights with a return label to send the others back. I finally got headlights that all adjusters work. Their customer service was excellent and I'm running HIDS and the cutoff line is perfect in my opinion. The last headlight housings I had just shined all over the place. I guess with these having a black top and bottom just cuts the light reflection from going all over. I can post a pic maybe tonight when I get home. I personally don't like the dark front marker lights. So I am looking for something else to replace these ones with. They are darker than I like. But the headlights are awesome.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/29149136222...l?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=291491362221&_rdc=1

Smitty1021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like them a lot. I really want to keep the stock look, just clear lenses so they would be perfect. They look really similar to the anzo ones. Pictures would be great. How long have you had them for?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
The aftermarket headlights that I have in my '97 had crap adjusters, too.
Swapped the lights over to the factory brackets. Much better!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Nope, Just some Nighthawks with a 4 high.
Don't like HID's! Rather have some HIR's, but that's low on the priority list.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
Yup. No more TYC Elegantes. I have to say, most of the aftermarket headlight housings are junk. Either a $50 fleabay set or a $250 Anzo set. They're all made by the same 7 year old chinese kids in the same sweat shop factory in Xianghou or something. Most of the aftermarket headlights have cheap crappy adjusters and they break easily. If you're planning to run HID's you need glare caps, and you need to be able to aim them correctly. Nothing worse than a ********* with a squatted truck and/or misadjusted headlights pointing directly at the eyes of oncoming drivers with their 588000K purple mary HID's. It gives others a bad name by association.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nope, Just some Nighthawks with a 4 high.
Don't like HID's! Rather have some HIR's, but that's low on the priority list.

:High 5: Same here. GE Nighthawks and the 4-Hi mod are plenty on my trucks. Never been a fan of HIDs on vehicles that didn't come with them.

Yup. No more TYC Elegantes. I have to say, most of the aftermarket headlight housings are junk. Either a $50 fleabay set or a $250 Anzo set. They're all made by the same 7 year old chinese kids in the same sweat shop factory in Xianghou or something. Most of the aftermarket headlights have cheap crappy adjusters and they break easily. If you're planning to run HID's you need glare caps, and you need to be able to aim them correctly. Nothing worse than a ********* with a squatted truck and/or misadjusted headlights pointing directly at the eyes of oncoming drivers with their 588000K purple mary HID's. It gives others a bad name by association.

I run Anzos in both of my truck and I've had no issues... Also $250?? They're $90 brand new. You're probably right about them being made in the same factories as the no-name ones, but IMO you pay a little more for the Anzos because they have better QC. That and the fact that you can buy them from reputable distributors like Summit and Jegs who have excellent customer service.

I agree about only running HIDs if you have a glare cap in the low beams, though. Projector retrofit would be even better. Way too many people do improper HID installs.