Headlight Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
I got about halfway thru and skipped to the end....My opinion on the blacked out reflectors is that the less gloss you have in the reflector itself the less light output(and seemingly the more yellow you get from 6000k hids). If anything, I would atleast have a chrome reflector in the immediate area of the bulb. I currently use fogs for driving because even the high-gloss black reflectors with 6000k HIDs illuminate the road less than stock halogens. Also, the projector in the center doesn't seemingly do anything except magnify the glare from the beam. I guess I'll have to take pics tonite and post them, they will be side-by-sides of my 6000k hids on hi(glare shield removed for maximum light output thru reflector and projector) and my stock halogens, shining against the grassy hillside.

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dammit as soon as I go to buy these suckers they aren't available anymore and I cant seem to find them anywhere now WTF! Anybody know where I can get them? I found ones similar but nothing exactly like these and I love how they have more black in the housing then other ones I found.

These are the ones I'm looking for
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&fits=Year%3A1998%7CSubmodel%3ASilverado&hash=item3f0f9e6c5c&item=270844980316&nma=true&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&rt=nc&si=QS1rHUrQyGO%252BbsZiy8mkGCSirqk%253D&vxp=mtr&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
You must be registered for see images attach

These are as close as i could find
http://www.ebay.com/itm/230750934462?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

Definitely not half as nice looking.. this sucks :(

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I just found them on amazon for $122 which isn't terrible but if anyone knows anywhere cheaper I would be your best friend!

I also found these different style with projectors that I dont think look too bad but are 50 bucks more. Anyone ever had them???

Last edited:

Shane_o_mac

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have those projectors. Never used em tho only to test the output, and even tho they come with 80 watt bulbs the light they put out isn't that great. So I retro in a set of Lexus Rx330s working making a curved shield for them now also got a e30 clear lense to install hopefully by the end of the month depending on weather of course.

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
Well I just found them on amazon for $122 which isn't terrible but if anyone knows anywhere cheaper I would be your best friend!

I also found these different style with projectors that I dont think look too bad but are 50 bucks more. Anyone ever had them???

i think the projector part looks funny... too much empty space IMO. i like the style i have..

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
See I like how its much simpler i'm not really a fanb of having a bunch going it it reminds me too much of euro or ricer head lights. But thats just my opinion I was actually thinking about getting the first ones and retrofitting projectors into them I have like 8 sets of projectors from junk headlights at my bodyshop.