header wrap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k_pro1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
anyone use it? whats the realistic advantages and disadvantages.

Last edited:

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
If I know what you're talking about, its just a heat shield basically.

Sent from my infected Android using tapatalk.

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
I used it in my truck. It definitely helps cut back the heat dissipating off the exhaust.
I'd you plan in wrapping- soak the roll in a bucket of water, it'll make it a helluva lot easier to conform.

Sent from my Incredible 2

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I redid my whole exhaust, I wrapped the pipe and cat near the transfer case because it was about an inch away from it....so I didnt want the heat, heating up the fluid.

k_pro1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok so how does it hold up to slight offroading and everyday driving?

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Will promote rust very very fast, Their is no performance gain on a stock truck to be had.

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Will promote rust very very fast, Their is no performance gain on a stock truck to be had.

I have heard that, but never seen it in person. That is why I didnt put it on my headers, just on my midpipe near the cat and tcase

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it sits. I've had mine 'wrapped for 3 years now & have had no issues.

Sent from my Incredible 2

You run youra through the salt and snow every year?

I have heard that, but never seen it in person. That is why I didnt put it on my headers, just on my midpipe near the cat and tcase

I have seen lots of pics in a years time. There is no gain to wrapping them with an engine that puts down maybe 150 to the wheels.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I just bought some Hooker headers from a friend of mine now there shortys and I really don't want to wrap them for the reason of them rusting fast now will it cause much heat in engine bay? My buddy also gave me some awesome gaskets and header bolts. Sorry I didn't want to high jack the thread but I figured it would be cool since this is what I want to know to wrap or not to. Many thank uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu