Head gasket replacement 1998 K2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TommyJ1980

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So these were totally shredded at cylinders #1&2…I’m guessing I didn’t do that by simply taking the cover off…

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quick question- I have this cardboard template to keep the pushrods and rocker arms to where they go back in the same exact spot, but I didn’t realize the exact same nuts should go back in the same spot they came off of as well- is it going to be a big problem if the nuts got mixed up and went back in different spots than they came out of? Thanks.
Flat tappet lifters matter. Everything else you just want to keep in order until you've had a chance to inspect it.

If you'd just nicked the shaft on that power steering pump, I'd say "run it", but that's pretty trashed. I'd replace it.

Stuck power steering pulleys aren't uncommon. I broke mine as well. The pump was bad, so if I remember right, at that point I just pitched them both in the scrap metal bin and bought new.

full