Having problems with my HIDs (only one igniting)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
I see an harness in your future JD.

-Truckin-

Me too, but it's weird, i only had the problem the night i posted this thread. All yesterday and today they've both been firing up fine as usual. But now i have an odd turn signal problem where the left turn signal will hyper flash and the dash arrow and front bulbs wont flash but the taillight will. Huh... I've been playing with the grounds in the engine bay and it hasn't done it since i got home from school earlier but it hasn't been started, just the key turned forward and the turn signal turned on. Any thoughts on that, Daniel?

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
My money is on a ballast that is getting a little weak. OR some moisture laying in a connector.

Haven't had the problem since I posted the this thread, BUT when I flick on my brights, then go back to lows, the passenger side doesn't ignite. Probably a weak ballast, who knows.

3linkedchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you have the DDM slim ballasts or their "Raptor" ballasts? I have the slims in my lows on my '99 and the Raptors in my highs, the slims are junk from my experience. My passenger slim acts up, I turn the key to on for a second (automatic headlights at night) and let the ballast warm up before I start the truck.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have the DDM slim ballasts or their "Raptor" ballasts? I have the slims in my lows on my '99 and the Raptors in my highs, the slims are junk from my experience. My passenger slim acts up, I turn the key to on for a second (automatic headlights at night) and let the ballast warm up before I start the truck.

I have slims in all four..... i only have had them for 24 hours though....

Sent from somewhere in MN