Has anyone painted the inner wheel wells, or is there a custom liner you can buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BDTHNG

Reaction score
Hey Shane!

I haven't seen a thread about this either. When I did my front suspension I noticed the front passenger wheel well was peeling. Since I was coating everything with POR-15. I decided to do the wheel wells as well as the frame and suspension parts. Being high gloss black took a minute to adjust to. But It has held up nicely, it's only been a year. When they eventually get worn out again I'll probably do it again.

As with all painting projects it's the prep that makes all the difference. Which is basically what the Ford forum was saying as well.

ShaneM

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've used spray on bedliner with good results.

Hey Shane!

I haven't seen a thread about this either. When I did my front suspension I noticed the front passenger wheel well was peeling. Since I was coating everything with POR-15. I decided to do the wheel wells as well as the frame and suspension parts. Being high gloss black took a minute to adjust to. But It has held up nicely, it's only been a year. When they eventually get worn out again I'll probably do it again.

As with all painting projects it's the prep that makes all the difference. Which is basically what the Ford forum was saying as well.
You guys have pics?

LouF

Reaction score
Rubberized coating will be more inexpensive than the spray-on "bed liner" material (kit kind), but is less durable --- and I only recommend it on plastic lining. My current inexperience says something pliable, such as Cosmoline, Waxoyl, Krown or FluidFilm would be good, but I would probably go with the rattle-can liners. (I meant to do this on a car to quiet the plastic liners through water but never did get around to it.)

(My avatar is epoxy primer under industrial enamel - it still began chipping at edges, but is at least more easily removable than pliable coatings which absorb sandblasting impingment.)

Last edited:

Insert Quarter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used Duplicolor BCP105 caliper paint on the wheel wells.

Side note, my truck is an 89' Scottsdale with the black rear bumper, and the gloss BCP102 looks surprisingly good and seems to be holding up well.