Had fun today, NOT !!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FullBlowncustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Went outside to fire up the rusty 95 truck to plow driveway. Starter motor SHOT ! Laid underneath truck at 7 degree temp with Windchill below zero in driveway. Removed starter, hot cable rotted, Ign. wire rotted.. Waiting for next warm day to install new wire, cable, and starter. BUUUUURRRRRRR LOL

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    371.7 KB · Views: 31

Aqua-pig

Reaction score
Last winter my C3500 got stuck in the back field hauling brush to the burn pile. Before I got her unstuck she unexpectedly shut down, wife tried to start her back up and the bendix broke….. stuck, fuel pump died, starter broke, all at exactly the same time. After a weekend and a few work nights fighting and wrestling in the fuel drenched mud and muck and non stop rain I got her running and safely perched in the driveway ready for the next adventure. Sometimes it’s tempting to give up on ‘em when they give you hell. But it’s like giving up on your best friend. I guess this is my way of saying hang in there, we’ll laugh about it later.

FullBlowncustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Last winter my C3500 got stuck in the back field hauling brush to the burn pile. Before I got her unstuck she unexpectedly shut down, wife tried to start her back up and the bendix broke….. stuck, fuel pump died, starter broke, all at exactly the same time. After a weekend and a few work nights fighting and wrestling in the fuel drenched mud and muck and non stop rain I got her running and safely perched in the driveway ready for the next adventure. Sometimes it’s tempting to give up on ‘em when they give you hell. But it’s like giving up on your best friend. I guess this is my way of saying hang in there, we’ll laugh about it later.
Heck YEAH !!!! And few days ago I posted my old 95 has NEVER failed me stranded in bad place. At least she gave out in my driveway LOL.. But it still sucked BAD in snow, wind etc... No gloves at times..

F4U-1A

Early spring 24
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heck YEAH !!!! And few days ago I posted my old 95 has NEVER failed me stranded in bad place. At least she gave out in my driveway LOL.. But it still sucked BAD in snow, wind etc... No gloves at times..
Did not mean to be insensitive to your situation. I am just an old man now Belly aching about winter once again. All Good

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I feel your pain but in a different way usually. My old C10 left me stranded one time when the fuse link that sat in the metal heat shield tube down behind the starters insulation degraded and it shorted out to the tube itself. All electrical power dead, coasting, coasted into a parking lot. I got the opposite extreme. I had to lay on the 140+F asphault with a hot engine once I figured out that was my electrical loss. Was not a fun wiring patch job to have to perform. I was in a t-shirt and ended burning the back of my arms and actually had burn blisters from laying on the concrete. I now try to keep some kind of old moving blanket or similar in my vehicles to prevent that.

FullBlowncustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did not mean to be insensitive to your situation. I am just an old man now Belly aching about winter once again. All Good
I did not think anything of the such buddy.... I'm good hearted humorous guy on anything I post... Just gotta evaluate the situation, dive in and do it!!! Nobody else going to do it LOL... Your in Canada, you know how it goes in weather, gitter done only way LOL

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Went outside to fire up the rusty 95 truck to plow driveway. Starter motor SHOT ! Laid underneath truck at 7 degree temp with Windchill below zero in driveway. Removed starter, hot cable rotted, Ign. wire rotted.. Waiting for next warm day to install new wire, cable, and starter. BUUUUURRRRRRR LOL
Those little starters look weird when the solenoid is almost as big as the starter motor itself. But they do the job, I have them on both my trucks. They do sound different than the OEM units though.