H2 wheels so cheap i had to buy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joedee

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are on !! will post clearance issue after the rain stops..
You must be registered for see images attach

rabbiporkchop

Reaction score
I was out and about today and ran across a set of H2 wheels and 315/70/R17 pro comp tires for 125 bucks . So of course I was all over that offer . My biggest question is will the tires fit or should I sell them ? My truck is a 1998 2500 there is no lower valance on the bumper and I am not afraid to crank the front up a little bit . Dont care to body lift but i am not afraid of buying new tires it was already on my list of thing to do in warmer weather..

Time to do a solid axle swap to make them fit or you could sell them to me!:)

joedee

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry I have not posted clearance issues wife got pull out in front of yesterday evening . Pretty bad crash kids were ok not even a scratch . Wife has torn acl and ligament damage from the knee up . but in good spirits ..

I will back at the 400 pretty quick . Just dealing with the insurance and the fact she is up set she bought this car new and took excellent care of it . Metal is just metal though . She said she want a 400 or newer chevy after all the rehab and surgeries that they are saying she may need. She said she will never own another car . we had full coverage so thats a plus .

joedee

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well guys I had time to work on the truck today . Tires are clearing pretty good but i am definatley gonna wear this set out and get 295's 285's when i purchase a new set . Truck is cranked a few past level and when i aired up my overload bags it sat level . I did trim a small area off my flares at the bottom of the fender inside not more than an inch . I had another issue with the passenger side rubbing . adjusted my tie rods (has been an issue before adding wheels and tires) and that rubbing went away . Now it takes an extremely sharp turn to rub. At wheel lock no rubbing just a bit before full lock . I suspect the fender flare .. Pictures will be posted tomorrow night of how it sits now and of the rubbing areas..

joedee

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally got some photos for you guys . It been a hectic week . My dad has been running the business side of the automotive shop. I got time this morning to take the truck and wash it down by hand and get it ready to take in for alignment and shocks . I will begin with the stance of the truck before and after .

The wheels and caps 17 inch H2 chrome with 315/70/17 procomp mt2 tires(34.4 inches tall ) a 125 dollar Craigslist purchase. The caps are GMT400 caps with 1/2 inch removed from rim contact side about .07 of and inch shaved from sides .Fit snug really snug but fit. I used my factory lugs and lug covers..

Lift : Torsion bars were cranked to level with factory 16inch wheels and 245/70/16 tires. Then we placed the h2 wheels on and cranked for clearance in my case 6 turns on each side did the trick .In rear it will need atleast a 2 inch block . I aired up my overload bags to about a 2inch raise by measurements .

Rubbing Issues :The factory fender flares seem to wrap around the fender and proceed a bit past . I cut in an angle with a razor knife about an inch or less of the protrusion off

Another issue I had was employees error Remember I purchased this truck in 1998 new as a business truck employee serviced .The tie rod end on the passenger side was way to far out . This was causing the Procomps to hit the flare more on top of the truck wondering to the right while driving .

I was aware of the issue and after an adjustment or two this problem solved.

Ride comfort : Stiff not as bad as we thought it would be . But I feel anything past level is getting into rough waters . New shocks are a must IMO . Front end alignment Is a must anytime you compromise factory suspension geometry . As for the Procomp extreme mt2's not to loud I was actually impressed at highway cruise speeds (55-65 mph) They seem louder at 35mph than 65. The wheels A big yes been stopped coming out of places 3 times this week to talk about the wheels . Alot of people around here ask what they are and the chevy caps throws them off . The look is perfect to the truck IMO . Chevy should have sold them on the truck instead of the H2

Other issues to consider: Wheel spacers in the rear would dramatically help the appearance and stance of the truck Since the front wheels stick out more .But we will continue this add on at a later date ..

Well guys there you have it 315/17's on a gmt 400, With GMT400 caps...

Last edited:

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
:Whoa: :drool: Normally I'm not too keen on H2 wheels on OBS trucks, but this one looks pretty slick! Any other plans for the build? This truck isn't helping my 8-lug shortbed wantsies,

joedee

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
:Whoa: :drool: Normally I'm not too keen on H2 wheels on OBS trucks, but this one looks pretty slick! Any other plans for the build? This truck isn't helping my 8-lug shortbed wantsies,

Its coming off the frame pretty much when my wife recovers and gets another set of wheels . All body work gonna be done . Maybe a cowl hood . I have already got most parts for the body the gmc doors will be gone and full power doors back on . period correct tailgate chassis saver the frame.. new bushings carpet cleaned or totally replaced . A few dash pieces replaced seats are in need of a full cleaning . hood release cable replaced maybe a few grille items replaced 4Hi mod . And a total tear down of the motor and probably have the 4L80 rebuilt . oil cooler lines (if available) possibly a bigger radiator and trans temp gauge placed some where tasteful for monitoring .Its hard to decide man A plain white chevy is like a clean slate there are so many possibilities to what I can do to it, things could change at any moment! but basic restoration is a factor I have set in stone...

Last edited: