Gwen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Shout out to Round Rock! Shout out to China/Nome/Sour Lake! Yawl take care over there.

So dang if I didn't cut this harness trying to splice the 94 harness into this lady. Did you know GM used more than one white wire? Well you do now! After beating my head into a wall all day and swapping the steering wheel(fiasco) don't ask. I decided to cut my butt connectors and swap the white wires. Vroom vroom, fired right up. I will be putting proper butt connectors the nutz are just for troubleshooting purposes.

Running, everything except the rear speakers are working. The original radio had no output so I don't know if the speakers are shot or....?

Going to paint the seat frame tomorrow and start getting ol girl ready to hit the street. Can't wait to carry the Mrs to Sonic for some rings and a shake.

You must be registered for see images attach

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Shout out to Round Rock! Shout out to China/Nome/Sour Lake! Yawl take care over there.

So dang if I didn't cut this harness trying to splice the 94 harness into this lady. Did you know GM used more than one white wire? Well you do now! After beating my head into a wall all day and swapping the steering wheel(fiasco) don't ask. I decided to cut my butt connectors and swap the white wires. Vroom vroom, fired right up. I will be putting proper butt connectors the nutz are just for troubleshooting purposes.

Running, everything except the rear speakers are working. The original radio had no output so I don't know if the speakers are shot or....?

Going to paint the seat frame tomorrow and start getting ol girl ready to hit the street. Can't wait to carry the Mrs to Sonic for some rings and a shake.

So nice, eh? Must be a fellow okie?

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. I hope you replaced the foam gaskets between the plastic ductwork under the dash, before you put the dash in. My foam gaskets turned to jelly. Had a massive outside-air leak into the cabin where the cowl seals to the intake duct for the blower fan. Couldn't warm the cab in the winter--the cold air leak overpowered the heater.

2. Easy enough to tell whether the radio outputs signal for the speakers--connect a voltmeter on the AC scale to the output connection, or to the wires at the "dead" speakers. If you have AC voltage that rises and lowers with the volume control...the radio works. If you don't, either the radio isn't throwing signal, or the wire harness is faulty.

Reaction score
So I been tinkering and hunting parts. I found these mechanical tailgate link arms and replaced the slings. Curious to who has these verses the wire rope slings that I see the most?

I took the Mrs for a spin. It reminded me to get the rear view mirror replaced as soon as practicable. There's no where to hang the panties....

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score
So I been tinkering and hunting parts. I found these mechanical tailgate link arms and replaced the slings. Curious to who has these verses the wire rope slings that I see the most?
I took the Mrs for a spin. It reminded me to get the rear view mirror replaced as soon as practicable. There's no where to hang the panties....

I think the mechanical hinged tailgate supports were 1988-90. At some point thereafter they switched to the cables unfortunately. I’d suspect they changed in the name of safety over function.