Gwen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Love the truck so far. So cool that you found the matching color hood with the pin striping... looks good! I bet that dash was a beeeeOTCh but well worth the work. Keep the updates coming.

Changing out these dash boards is fairly simple. One thing to plan in advance is swapping the harness if need be. Removing the seats, steering column and kick panels makes the job much easier. I can do it solo at this point. I've got some square plastic buckets that I rest it on after I set the pivot on the studs. The rest is plug and play.

You must be registered for see images attach

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The rear speakers are most likely dead. When I got my truck a '93, all four speakers were totally dead. Easiest way to test this is a 9 Volt battery and a couple of clip leads. Touch (don't clip) the leads across the speaker terminal. If you hear nothing it is dead. The old Delco speakers are crap but the magnets are good for the refrigerator.

If you hear a click it might work but probably needs replacing anyway. (even a cheap speaker the same size will be better) . The harnesses rarely fail. Just hook the new speaker to them. If you are installing an aftermarket radio just make sure you patch in the rear speaker lines which are easily identifiable in the harness.

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
First order of business was to ditch the papaw running boards and begin to ***** the things that need to be restored first to get her road ready. The dash was mostly disintegrated. The tires are rotten. The hood had been folded over previously. The interior had been smoked in for 20 plus years.

You have the same headliner I do. It will do for now.