gstubbz's trucks

Discussion in 'Member Trucks' started by gstubbz, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Thatlow95

Thatlow95 I'm Awesome

Funny, a bottle of lotion, soft lighting and some smooth music always got it done for me just by myself. Lmao just kidding man love the progress

My momma taught me to drink my juice from a brown paper bag

BNielsen likes this.
  2. 1993-Sierra-Z71

1993-Sierra-Z71 Pontiac & GMT400 Nut

Hi

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

3. BNielsen

BNielsen I'm Awesome

I'm sure Cameron's neighbors would love it if you just brought the 3500HD down and set it on the side of the street.

4. gstubbz

gstubbz Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession

Give you guys all an update!

I did get it in not too long after that post, lots of finesse along with wedging the little plate thing between the trans and engine but I got it all together.

Monday was a hectic day. I get home to find out the bearings in Cameron's chinese HX35 seized the turbo up so now I couldn't drive that truck, and then he gets home to find out the engine in his honda has rod knock so the pressure to finish my truck was on.

I ended up freeing the turbo up and I needed to go get coolant and oil for my truck to try making it run sunday night, so we took the 6.5 to walmart so I could get what I needed. Here's where the night went even more downhill. The security at the walmart here is crazy so at the exit they needed to scan my receipt and item which took forever because the guy couldn't figure it out, get out to the truck, and find out we didn't have keys because they were on my keyring back at the house. So now we had to call our buddy Lucas to bring us my keys (truck doesn't need a key to start so that's why we both spaced it) and we go to this burger place (called foodruckers or something like that) and the time is 9:03pm, to find out they closed at 9pm. Just our luck. We go to Round Table and order food and wait there.

[​IMG]

Later on we get back to working on my truck, and stayed up until 5am or so but it did run and had a gnarly injector o ring leak. Cameron fixed this by grabbing another o ring from a different mopar injector he had so I lucked out. Truck also had an exhaust leak but at this point I called it a night and we both called in sick for work.

Tuesday night I go to autozone and buy OE style exhaust manifold gaskets and replace them on the passenger side since the header gasket I put on blew out. Everything went well so I put 30 miles on the truck and got home around 1:30am. I drove the truck to work on Wednesday and everything seemed well, or so I thought.

[​IMG]

On the way home from work I had a lake of coolant on my passenger floorboard and all under the hood, so I spent all night replacing the hose and using silicone and two hose clamps to make sure it wasn't leaking at all, again getting home around 1:30am from my test drive and I noticed at the end my driver side exhaust manifold blew out and was only getting worse. At least no more coolant leaks!

Thursday driving home from work was pretty bad with that gnarly exhaust leak and it was also leaking fuel pretty bad. Spent my night replacing the driver side exhaust manifold and also taking an o ring from one of camerons injectors to make it stop leaking (eventually I'll put in all new o rings), and went to bed also around 1:30am.

Drove it friday and all weekend with no issues or leaks so now it's time to fix the little stuff! What a nightmare but at lease the big stuff is over. The exhaust gaskets could have just been junk they looked like old NOS and the plastic was cracked so maybe the elements broke them down a bit.

[​IMG]

In the middle of all this my iPhone 7 finally died so I had to jump to my emergency iPhone 5s I keep in the glove box, and on Friday I received my new Galaxy S9, new to the android stuff and I definitely like it. Looking back I didn't take as many photos as I wanted, but then again I was focused on my truck!

[​IMG]

Need to put my winch back on too!

More to come with, well everything :D

5. gstubbz

gstubbz Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession

Would definitely be a sight! Still a project I want to do so hopefully I still can.

BNielsen likes this.
  6. GarrettGmc

GarrettGmc I'm Awesome

Damn man, sounds like a hectic week.