Granddaddy's Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93sierrak1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tbi for the gmt400 is 88 to 95. 96 to 99 is the vortec. 4l60 is the automatic transmission for 1/2 ton. 4l80 is the 3/4 or heavier automatic transmission . If you have standard theres I think 2. One of them is the nv4500 not sure on the second one. Oh and i think thats the heavier duty trans. As for gear ratio look in the glove compartment on the parts rpo codes. You should see something like 342, 373, 410. If not run the vin and you'll get it that way
Thanks!

93sierrak1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been a while since I posted but just wanted to give an update on the truck. Running fine and has been approved for the paint job and it will take place sometime in September. Family friend gave me a killer deal if I brought him the truck completely stripped, so whenever I get the phone call that he’s ready I’ll strip it down and trailer it to him. I’ll be sure to include pictures of it in my next update. Hope y’all are doing well

93sierrak1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been a while since I posted but just wanted to give an update on the truck. Running fine and has been approved for the paint job and it will take place sometime in September. Family friend gave me a killer deal if I brought him the truck completely stripped, so whenever I get the phone call that he’s ready I’ll strip it down and trailer it to him. I’ll be sure to include pictures of it in my next update. Hope y’all are doing well
Just wanted to poke around and ask any of y’all. Does a 305/75/16 tire exist anywhere? I’ve been looking for those on google and it keeps correcting the 75 to 70 which obviously wouldn’t fit when I definitely type 75. Issue is I’ve already got about 60% tread on the yokos I got and am just looking around for what I can get this time next year. I want nitto mud grapps in the worst way (yes I know I’ll probably be making a mistake) but just can’t find any tire in that size

GreenZ98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just wanted to poke around and ask any of y’all. Does a 305/75/16 tire exist anywhere? I’ve been looking for those on google and it keeps correcting the 75 to 70 which obviously wouldn’t fit when I definitely type 75. Issue is I’ve already got about 60% tread on the yokos I got and am just looking around for what I can get this time next year. I want nitto mud grapps in the worst way (yes I know I’ll probably be making a mistake) but just can’t find any tire in that size
Get the 305 mud grapps. I've probably had 5 sets of them mostly in 35x12.50x17 and other than being loud they are a good tire. Keep the air right and rotated and they wear even and I've got 40k miles out of a couple sets. My 98 is getting the 315s pretty soon when I replace the bfgs.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
My dad had a set of those mud grapplers on his K20 before he sold it and holy s h i t those were loud tires. I'm sure they'd do well in the mud though.

93sierrak1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What’s going on everybody, it’s been a minute. Finally dropped the truck off for paint about 2 weeks ago and he will have it at least another 2 weeks. Can’t wait to have her back. After that is some interior stuff and some exhaust over the summer. I also had a question that I guarantee someone in here has experienced before. When I shift gears (5 speed manual), I hear a loud clunk sound in the rear end, and sometimes when I take off it clicks rapidly in gears 1-4. Does anyone know what that is and how to fix it? Thanks. Hope y’all are doing well

HeavyAsAChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’d be careful about getting hopes up about certain types of tires, the way things are going. I could be wrong, but I think it’s gonna be really hard to get what we want exactly. My brothers is having trouble with getting the right tires for his ram 2500.