Good budget cold air intake, 5.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I have never had to go through a smog inspection, I'm not sure if Michigan even does this.

Nope, we are truly blessed in that regard. I've never heard of any localities in MI doing it on there own, either. Our SES lights could be blinking with a strobe effect, and engines billowing smoke out the tail pipe and we're good to go :rocking:

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score

Matt97Z

Reaction score
No sir, no codes for me but I'm tuned for it. It shouldn't be a problem though. It also comes with the CARB sticker for state inspection stuff.

Hey if you get a code, that's a good reason for a custom tune.

Matt

96z71son

Reaction score
I am new to te performance world, what exactly does a tune emtail, where to get it done?

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
wouldnt......but that still expensive, im telling you check out ebay, they have kits for like $20, im slowly but surely in the process of building a box to go around it to box it off out of sheet metal which cost like $4 a sheet and you need like 4 of them, so that still alot cheaper then $105 and i think mine is going to look better in the end

fireball 440

Reaction score
What's wrong with the stock CAI? Yes that's right stock. It brings cold air in from outside, unlike some of the chromed out aftermarket kits that suck hot under hood air - actually losing performance.

Poser

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The stock unit does the job more than fine. If you really want more performance, save your money and buy a set of headers.