Good budget cold air intake, 5.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96z71son

Reaction score
I am looking for a good cai , trying to keep it pretty cheap, I know that spectre has one , I'm a little concerned about it throwing some codes, any ideas or thoughts are welcome, thanks! O and I have a 96 k1500 5.7

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Remove your stock airbox, clean it all up including your MAF, an re-install it with a nice new filter.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Remove your stock airbox, clean it all up including your MAF, an re-install it with a nice new filter.

Sounds too simple but it works! Did it to mine a month ago and felt the difference. You dont always need to spend a lot of money to see progress.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well somebody or several said either the cold air kits work good for vortec's and bad for tbi's or vice versa.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
I know that a lot of people have made their own, not terribly complicated. I have the K&N CAI, but that's because I live in California, and it's basically the only one approved by the CARB, so it kind of depends on how strict your smog inspection laws are where you live.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
I have never had to go through a smog inspection, I'm not sure if Michigan even does this.

Matt97Z

Reaction score
If you have to have a CAI, get the Spectre. I didnt see a huge gain. Maybe a little more responsive off the line. Its a pretty nice piece, easy to install, and has held up pretty good. Summit has it for $105.99 which is much better than ~$250 FOR k&n.

Matt