GMT400 TOTM #15 "Then and Now" submission thread!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2000CCSB

CrewCab Stalker
Reaction score
Kinda a tough topic. Some guys have had their trucks for 10+ years and others only less than a year. Like my self. Makes it a very wide range of Mods. All these trucks look awesome.

CrewCab Steve

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Kinda a tough topic. Some guys have had their trucks for 10+ years and others only less than a year. Like my self. Makes it a very wide range of Mods. All these trucks look awesome.

CrewCab Steve

precisely!

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Yah ive only had mine like 3 months font even complain scott and steve!

sent from my Big Block powered phone

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Yah ive only had mine like 3 months font even complain scott and steve!

hey now. I've had it sitting in the driveway since last april, but nothing major until the last few months lol

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
hey now. I've had it sitting in the driveway since last april, but nothing major until the last few months lol

Sounds like your fault to me!!

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
heres the day after it was brought home (dont really have many shots of the truck when i first got it without mods bc i immediately got the windows tinted)
You must be registered for see images attach

heres now (not much difference, debadged demold, all clear lights up front, campershellless, led gauges, led tailgate bar, OHC, interior phoneless, stereo system, 5% tint.)
You must be registered for see images attach

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
My two pics were only about 10 months apart ha.

And how many times in that 10 months did you post about hating and wanting to sell the truck? :lol:

Best way to do a build? At your own pace, so you enjoy it. Sure, we all have projects that we've had to kind of rush to get done in time for something, but then you get burnt out for a while and don't want to do anything with it.

I also think it's funny how people will sell/trade vehicles all the time, and then drool over trucks that guys have had for 10 years. These things take time, no one builds a show truck in a year (unless they're pros, and normal life doesn't really apply to them). Is mine where I want it to be? No, but it runs, it's better than it was, and I'm happy with how far it's come.

That's all for my little soap-box.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Best way to do a build? At your own pace, so you enjoy it. Sure, we all have projects that we've had to kind of rush to get done in time for something, but then you get burnt out for a while and don't want to do anything with it.

I also think it's funny how people will sell/trade vehicles all the time, and then drool over trucks that guys have had for 10 years. These things take time, no one builds a show truck in a year (unless they're pros, and normal life doesn't really apply to them). Is mine where I want it to be? No, but it runs, it's better than it was, and I'm happy with how far it's come.

Couldn't of said it better! My black has had times of intensive thrashing on it, & yet, lots of times where work on it has just been stalled. I like to think of this as the 'stages' in it's life. Like now! But, it ain't goin' nowhere! It's mine! It would just kill me to see it rollin' down the road with someone else behind the wheel, either finished as it should be, or trashed! I've sold other vehicles & have regretted it from the moment, the instant, that the new owner handed me the cash! A black factory original SS396/375hp, L78, 4spd. Nova comes to mind!!! Stupidest thing I've ever done! (other than marrying 'The Psychotic One'!) I never want to have regrets like that again!