GMT400 History

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't know When it happened, but there's atleast 2 different wiper arm designs. I changed the wipers on my dads '97 and the ones on my '94 and they are different.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes that newer arm's use a different end tip and have a different bend and more spring pressure, it was their attempt to fix the hoping and skipping problem's.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
I don't know When it happened, but there's atleast 2 different wiper arm designs. I changed the wipers on my dads '97 and the ones on my '94 and they are different.

88-94 and 95-98 thing, i have 95-98 arms on my 94, made a big difference.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've noticed another difference today. My '94 is a SL with sealed beam headlights originally had a color matched filler panel. I've seen a few other trucks like this too. Well, today I changed the grille and filler panel from a late '90s SL and the filler panel matches the grille instead of the truck color. My guess is either mine has some sort of optional equipment or the newer trucks just use gray filler panels. My dad had a '97 SL and it had a gray filler panel too.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
I've noticed another difference today. My '94 is a SL with sealed beam headlights originally had a color matched filler panel. I've seen a few other trucks like this too. Well, today I changed the grille and filler panel from a late '90s SL and the filler panel matches the grille instead of the truck color. My guess is either mine has some sort of optional equipment or the newer trucks just use gray filler panels. My dad had a '97 SL and it had a gray filler panel too.

my 94 WT had the grey panel :dunno:

You must be registered for see images attach

Beaver's Chevy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
1993:
For 1993, the 4.3-liter Vortec V6 got a new balance shaft, revised heads, TBI revisions, a new quiet fan, a new thermostat, a revised oil filter and a new dual-stud air cleaner. Both the 5.0- and 5.7-liter V-8s were improved in the same areas. The 5.0-liter had new low-tension piston pins. A modified version of the 5.7-liter V8 could be converted to CNG, propane or dual-fuel capability.

A new 1500 regular-cab Sportside Sport included Silverado trim, Sport decals, a body-color Dura-Grille, a Sportside box, cast aluminum wheels, painted mirrors and color-keyed bumpers. All trucks had a new "Leading Edge" anti-chip coating applied to the hood, roof and A-pillars. 1993 was the only year in which factory dual exhaust was an option.

1994:
New in 1994 was the Sportside Sport with a "step-side" short-box design. It came in just three colors: Oynx Black, Teal Green Metallic or Victory Red and included matching bumpers and mirrors, a new grille and aluminum wheel finish.

In December 1994, Chevy settled a controversy over older C/K pickup trucks with the U.S. Government. The government dropped its efforts to force a recall of older C/Ks in exchange for a multi-million dollar commitment, from GM, towards future auto safety.
(Article on Safety from the Wall Street Journal)

Hey Greg,

Would you have any more info/pics of the 1994 Sportside Sport in Teal Green Metallic with the matching bumpers and mirrors? I've tried a google search with no luck. I have that color and was considering changing to late model mirrors and smoothie bumpers and painting them to match, but can't decide if that color would be to much.

Thanks, Erin

j-l-1984

Reaction score
My 92 has power windows, locks, a/c, tilt, but has rubber floor instead of carpet. Looked up rpo codes and it also came with the factory 3.42 limited slip. Also built in Canada, kinda funny considering I live in georgia

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
My 92 has power windows, locks, a/c, tilt, but has rubber floor instead of carpet. Looked up rpo codes and it also came with the factory 3.42 limited slip. Also built in Canada, kinda funny considering I live in georgia

At the wreckers the other day, & I came across a '95+ ECSB 4X4. Fully loaded. Air, cruise, PM, PW, PDL, O/H console, cloth Pbucket seats, with rubber flooring & a stickshift. Strange combo! But no tilt column. (Still looking for one of those!)