Gmt400 Escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Lol tbh I don’t even bother trying to make sense of gas mileage lol!! 1- my gas needle goes 1 full 1/4 of a tank past the full mark!! Lol so the times I’ve tried to figure out mileage it’s way off and I know that’s a common thing plus the shaky needle also lol but yeah I haven’t drove on a long trip in like 2yrs or more.

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Just as a side note if anyone is going on a 3-5 hour ride/trip fill up to 3/4 full you’ll save a quarter tank of gas happened everytime shooting up north in more than one gmt400! Same distance ending up with basically a 1/4 tank of gas. starting with full or 3/4 tank but save money with only filling up 3/4’s full on your next trip!

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
Oh no sorry I gave up on those Escalade wheels a long time ago but not until after a couple years of searching. I have newer gmc wheels on her now. I was just surprised how clean and perfect those wheels are compared to the ones I took off my truck. I'm guna recycle the 3 ****** ones I have.

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Oh no sorry I gave up on those Escalade wheels a long time ago but not until after a couple years of searching. I have newer gmc wheels on her now. I was just surprised how clean and perfect those wheels are compared to the ones I took off my truck. I'm guna recycle the 3 ****** ones I have.
Gotcha yeah where’s your pic of your truck with the newer wheels? Lol it’s really just taking the time to clean them bye hand even after the car wash. Which really doesn’t do the greatest job I know out west AZ has some really good washes but they also towel clean the whole car if that’s what you paid for so it’s had to say if the wash did it’s part or was the workers at the end! Simple purified water is really all you need really to clean all parts of your ride. Sometimes all the fancy products end up altering after “cleaning” vs water and lil elbow grease everytime it’s washed I clean the wheels if not they’d be dirty still and chrome looks like crap if it’s not clean! Lol almost everytime she’s driven in the winter she’s washed then parked in the garage and I try to “clean” her up afterwards in the garage so she’s beaming when I pull her out the next time! Lol

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
This Friday is the day!!! Lol I’m going and getting my tires done! I can’t wait I went with the pirelli’s since I don’t go off-road if much but this will be #1 off my list of things to hopefully get handled over the course of the summer! I will be posting pics as soon as I can with the new wheels on!

Pychokenny

Reaction score
So question my fellow gmt400 brother since you have 2 gmt400 Escalades I’m in need of the rear side passenger seatbelt? Seeing if you would part ways with 1? Mines been frayed since purchasing. I’m also seeing if you’d part with 6 disc cartridge if 6 disc’er isn’t working? Let me know if that’s something you’d be willing to do? Thanks ttys

Plan is to restore both eventually

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
For a daily I like the barn door but if I know I'm going to haul something and don't want to pull my 22ft trailer I like the 50/50

I never thought about that when i got the esky for my parents. Mom took it grocery shoppin n shes only bout 5 ft tall. Can't reach past tailgate haha

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
that’s good to hear!! But that’s going to be a challenge for sure! Restoring not 1 but 2 wow yo must be a gambling man! Lol well if you decide to give up on the second one let me know so I can get them parts and possibly more depending how long down the road it will be. I wonder how many are actually still on the roads out of the 50,000ish made? I wouldn’t think a whole bunch are left to pick from but if you live near Cali is probably your best bet for finding some in a pick n pull.