GMT400 engine into 55 Chevy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeManer

Reaction score
I'd like to help a friend get his 55 Chevy on the road until he can afford to build the SBC that he has planned. I have the 5.7 from my 1992 OBS truck sitting in the shop collecting dust. Would anyone know if the 5.7 would accept the V-belt accessory drive, water pump, etc. from a pre-serpentine SBC? It will be carbureted using a Performer intake and from what I understand he will need an electric fuel pump, but the big question is the accessory drive. Thanks for any help.
Mike

Last edited:

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
55 uses the front engine mounts. Doubt you can do it unless the engine is side mounted with aftermarket mounts.
The front mount points should still be there on the later blocks. Externally, the small block changed very little over the years.
The real problem with the V-drive is the alternator bracket. It wont have a mount on the TBI intake.

O.P. they should have carb intakes for TBI heads, though TBI heads flow terrible. If you REALLY want to leave the engine intact, at least go with an intake.