GMT400 - Community Scan Tool

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

N9nefingers

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well...unfortunately I can't get the scanner to even turn on. Trying to troubleshoot it but any advice or info would be appreciated.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well...unfortunately I can't get the scanner to even turn on. Trying to troubleshoot it but any advice or info would be appreciated.
Plugged in to 12v power either from the cig lighter or a wall outlet? They aren’t powered from the OBD1 plug. Apologies if you’ve tried this, just starting with the basics.

studigggs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
BASIC OPERATION:

For 88-95, you need the GM-1 adapter, comm cord and the 12V power cord. You plug the 12V power INTO the GM-1 adapter to get it to power on. For 96-99, you will need the OBD-II adapter, comm cord, and a personality key. When you plug the OBD-II adapter into your truck, the unit will power on, you select your vehicle and module (Engine, ABS, Transmission, etc) and it will tell you which personality key to insert into the OBD-II adapter. If this makes no sense, I suggest you watch some videos on the MT2500.

N9nefingers

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got it...wiring issue on my truck end not the scanner. It works. Using it today, passing along soon.

N9nefingers

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well...got it to work but unfortunately my ABS system won't connect to it so I can't cycle it to bleed. So I guess it's back to tearing that system out and running a system like I've got on the C10 and K5. Long way of saying who's next? I'm passing the scanner along. PM me your address and I'll get it on its way.

N9nefingers

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
1995 C1500...hooked up scanner and went to ABS system but it wouldn't/couldn't link up to it. Anyone know if there's something I'm doing wrong to cycle the ABS? Is there another menu I need to scroll through? I never saw the "Automatic Bleed Procedure" on the scanner screen.

bugdewde

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well...got it to work but unfortunately my ABS system won't connect to it so I can't cycle it to bleed. So I guess it's back to tearing that system out and running a system like I've got on the C10 and K5. Long way of saying who's next? I'm passing the scanner along. PM me your address and I'll get it on its way.
Ni9efingers ... I'm wanting to cycle my '95 ABS system, also. If you get any tips/ideas on getting it to work, I'd appreciate a little help on mine.
That's all I wanted to use it for.
According to my read of the thread, HopHead357 is next .... then me.

Copied from my previous post:
LTC is supposed to forward to N9nefingers.
- HopHead357
- bugdewde (me)
- Illbedipped
- Raycecar