Glovebox won’t shut unless slammed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Be careful! This may be one of the dreaded glove box airbag prototype models. They were a failed GM design study but there are rumors that a few escaped into production. You have to know the right order to remove the screws or the bag goes off.

Do not believe one word of the above which is pure horse crap. It is most likely the loop being out of adjustment or bent. Check and see if the loop that the latch engages isn't pushed in too far. Older vehicles were adjustable but I don't know if the trucks are. Since mine works fine I have never looked at it. Good luck!

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hell, mine closes easy since I took out the glove box liner to get at my ECM 2 years ago. Just haven't got around to put it back in yet - #216 on my list of things to do :anitoof:
I used to have to slam mine for it to shut, which led to my dash cracking to pieces. Got a new dash, so now it only takes a little convincing to ****.