Gauge repair/replace

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So recently my oil pressure gauge took a crap. Sending unit is good and I also hooked up a mechanical gauge for assurance and installed a high volume melling oil pump when I rebuilt my motor. So I know for a fact it’s the gauge or at least something after the sending unit. The gauge is erratic and reads way low and turns on my check gauge light with my turn signal. I was curious if there is any way to update the air core gauges to something newer like a stepper motor or if there’s a place to find rebuilt ones that are reliable and not lone wolf ebay sellers with a no return policy. Or if there are ways to fix them I am decent at soldering and working with electronics. Thanks guys

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This guy has some links in his video description about where to buy them. Maybe it will help.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

zetros

Reaction score
This guy has some links in his video description about where to buy them. Maybe it will help.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I believe US-Dashworks still has stock of Oil pressure gauge Aircore motors. I've had some issues with my van's gauges, but the only one that shows any indication of a bad motor is my own pressure gauge. That being said, it still reads accurate enough to where I'll know if something goes catastrophically wrong. My fuel gauge reads wack and also moves with voltage changes, but I don't think the fuel sender has ever been replaced in 23 years and I've heard these GM units are crap.