Gauge needles. One thing leads too another! Damn!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Wow! Those look great!
If I was to use a blue bulb, which from what I've seen is the least brightest of all the available colors, I think that the brightness would not be so blinding. But as the needles are so dark now, the brightness would probably help out a lot.
This retrofit only lights up the needles? If so, they are probably on a seperate circuit than the rest of the gauges, which would allow me to dim them, & have the needles as bright as I need them to be, to be seen.
Do you have some detailed instructions &/or the parts needed to to do this? Or, do I have to send the cluster to you? Wiring is not my forté. I can do it, but as I am, I'm questioning myself all the way if it's right or not.
Appreciate the response!

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
Wow! Those look great!

Thank you SIR

This retrofit only lights up the needles?

Gauge face only
Needles only
Or both

If so, they are probably on a seperate circuit than the rest of the gauges, which would allow me to dim them, & have the needles as bright as I need them to be, to be seen.

Again, never had provisions for needles only. I offer the dimmer as an option.

Do you have some detailed instructions &/or the parts needed to to do this?

Negatory.

Or, do I have to send the cluster to you? Wiring is not my forté. I can do it, but as I am, I'm questioning myself all the way if it's right or not.
Appreciate the response!

Yeah, I'd have to have it in-hand.
On the 94+ it's a helluva lot easier for me to retro' because I can test it from my truck, unlike the 93's.

-Truckin-

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Looks good Al! i like using factory OEM GM parts to modify trucks, always a cool touch, almost something you could look over, but see a second time.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Well, since this is my DD right now, I'll see if I can find another cluster (for a stickshift) and get it sent off to you. I'm leaning towards the just having the the needles done. $$$?
That cluster you posted IS really cool!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Looks good Al! i like using factory OEM GM parts to modify trucks, always a cool touch, almost something you could look over, but see a second time.

Thanks! I like subtle. I've modded so many things on my '97, but most people don't notice them till I point 'em out. A lot of the changes I've made are with modded factory parts.

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
Well, since this is my DD right now, I'll see if I can find another cluster (for a stickshift) and get it sent off to you. I'm leaning towards the just having the the needles done. $$$?
That cluster you posted IS really cool!

It'd be ~$1.3m Canadian, shipping kills.

LOL if you're interested email me. You have the GMail, I also have TruckinAint4Sissies@Live dot com

-Truckin-