Gas pedal placement and weight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mackguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
One of the few things that annoys me with driving our Suburban is that the brake pedal and gas pedal seem to be in different time zones.. I sit where I have to stretch really far to floor the gas, and cramp my leg trying to get my foot on the brake.

Also, compounding the gas pedal distance, it seems like the pedal is really heavy to push.

Is there any way to adjust the gas pedal height? Anything to check for lubrication on the pedal firmness?

I'm used to driving a manual and being able to "heel/toe" shift, but in the Suburban the gas pedal is the full length of my foot forward from the brake pedal... obviously it's Auto so no need to heel/toe, but still uncomfortable. If I adjust the seat for the gas to be comfortable, it puts the brake in a scary place for emergency maneuver, and if the brake pedal is comfortable, I can't reach the gas..