gas gauge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

copernicusd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
gas gauge works, but light doesnt come on
i've ran out of gas twice, last time managed to coast down to the guys house i was working for and ask him for some gas, not very proffessional
wasnt sure if there was a seperate fuse for that, loose wire or something maybe, or i probally just need to get a new light, and how much of a pain is it to do that
i mean i know if i fill up i'm good for about 300 miles, but somethimes i dont have enough cash to fill up

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't know that those trucks had low fuel lights! What year is it? I don't know about the OBD1 trucks or the later OBD2 trucks, but my 97 Burb doesn't have a light.

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No light. Running out of gas is avoidable. If you had a light, would that make cash appear to fill up? Just keep gas in it if you're planning to drive it.

copernicusd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
oh, could have sworn it light up once
its hard to tell tho once it gets down to a quarter

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
try not to let it drop much lower than 1/4, the intank fuel pump uses the gas to cool the pump itself, running it too low, loo frequently can lead to premature failure....

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
What light are we talking about? Low ful light? Don't you have a needle to show you how much gas you have in the tank?

copernicusd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah, maybe im just too used to my 04 malibu, that thing the light comes on and you can still go 60 miles or so

chevy_man

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's a crazy idea. When the tank gets to half, fill it up! Much easier on the pump to keep the fuel supply steady to cool it down. I never ran out of gas for 5 years with no gas gauge, so I can't comprehend how you can WITH a gauge.

Also, if you need the "idiot" light to tell you when to put gas in.....