Gabriel shocks any good?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I installed the Gabriel Ultra rear shocks and had to have them replaced within 4 months of use. I recently installed the Gabriel load carrier shocks. They performed well for the first 3 weeks but are now shot. I haul scrap metal for most part of the day. I try not to overload. In general, I think Gabriel is a bad brand. I would stay away from them

1993GMCSierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll just tack my post onto this, vs. starting a whole new thread on it.

The Monroe shocks in my truck ride pretty well, but are old, rusty, and just seem a bit worn out. I'd like to replace them, but, since this truck never sees any mud, rugged terrain, or heavy loads, I'd like some shocks that make the ride as comfortable as possible. By comfortable, I mean soft, like a Cadillac.

Obviously I'm comparing apples to oranges, but what shocks are out there that are great comfortwise? Bilsteins are highly regarded, but as mentioned here, they seem to make the ride a bit stiff. I'm looking for the opposite effect. Any ideas?

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just put Monroe Reflex on our Tahoe and they ride really nice. Their next step up.. I think Mono Max are said to be good too and a little firmer.

Bilsteins are great for a car, but the yellow/blue's ride pretty stiff on trucks.

I like how the 4600s (blue and yellow) ride and my car 07 GXP has billsteins and it rides like crap

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the red ryders suck!!!!!!!!!!!

I would not buy them, but their next step up the ultra aint too bad I guess. We ran their air shocks out back alot, great shocks for what they are.

sensatrac's have always rode the best for us. I have never had any kyb, edelbrock or bilsteins tho.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the red ryders suck!!!!!!!!!!!

I would not buy them, but their next step up the ultra aint too bad I guess. We ran their air shocks out back alot, great shocks for what they are.

sensatrac's have always rode the best for us. I have never had any kyb, edelbrock or bilsteins tho.

I had kyb gr2 on my firebird an they rode great also. I have a set of them waiting to go on the 78 if I ever decide to show it some attention again :rofl: