G80 Conversion/Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TerryD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wasn't arguing or anything, just sayin... I think it's a crap shoot, sad enough to say. I just didn't realize the 1500 bagged trucks ever had them.

The Stig

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info guys. My only question now is what's going to be the cheapest option for me.

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info guys. My only question now is what's going to be the cheapest option for me.

Lunchbox locker is cheap and works but you'll hate it... Save your money and buy a truetrac or selectable locker.

Light application of the parking brake will give you a limited slip function :waytogo: Raising the rolling resistance of both wheels narrows the "traction" differential between the two forcing the open diff to power the side that's not turning.

This will get you buy until you can afford to do it right

The Stig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ruger_556 View Post
Light application of the parking brake will give you a limited slip function Raising the rolling resistance of both wheels narrows the "traction" differential between the two forcing the open diff to power the side that's not turning.

Thanks I've never heard of that. Right now I'm just looking at options for next winter. I have always driven my dad's trucks in the snow up until this last winter and they all had LSD/locking diffs. Those did great (plus you could really get sideways which was super fun in his Duramax :naughty:), but this last winter I had an open diff (02 Kia Sportage :Stupid Me:) and I could never get any traction with it.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Lol it works on good on full size trucks. Buddy has an old idi stroker with a welded diff, it hasn't broke anything yet just hops around corners. And yea it works amazing on jeeps, like it was ment to be